Monday, March 7, 2016

HPKCHC : November Classes (F15) - Throwback

And finally, we come to the last month of the Fall 2015 HPKCHC term: November.

(Remember how my goal was to submit something for every prompt?)

Here's where I fell off the wagon.

And it's not that I didn't do the crafts, because I did...I just ran out of time to submit them (which I totally should not have waited until the last minute to do, I know).

(For what it's worth (FWIW), the HPKCHC challenge closes at 12 midnight Pacific time; I live in Eastern time...so I was up until 3 A.M. finishing my OWL for this term!)

Anyway...the classes I was able to turn in were:

Care of Magical Creatures

This isn't really a pattern; I made the whole thing up myself.
I'd love to release a free pattern in the future, when I've had time to revise it.

Defense Against the Dark Arts

A cuttlefish belt favor, for use at LARP...or y'know, whatever.

Herbology

Another one for the monkey business.

Durmstrang

For my brother; a Christmas gift.
He wanted something nerdy for his desk at work.

Hogwarts

A small pair of slippers for my nephew that I whipped up
while visiting them over Thanksgiving.

So I failed to turn in Flying, Journalism, and support Beauxbatons.  (Oh, and Detention.)

It was really Thanksgiving break that threw me off...and I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo at the last minute.

(NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month; write 50,000 words in 30 days)

I tried to do all the things and ended up spreading myself too thin.  (I also didn't have to write an extra 10,000 words, either...but I couldn't help myself.)

Next time: Quidditch Round XXII!

No comments:

Post a Comment